Sunday, March 04, 2007

Baby Dedication

My baby Lily was dedicated at church today! She was such a ham! She wanted to be facing outward, then she wanted to lean forward and move her arms all around to say hi to everyone. I think she just might be a preformer someday! As her Opa prayed over her she grinned ear to ear at him, melting his heart. He could barely go on! She is such a precious little baby!
I dedicate her to the Lord since He is the reason I have her. I am humbled at the responsibility to get to raise her and have the pleasure to see her grow to love the lord like He intended. I have faith she will cling to Him. Oma sang a song at the dedication that I have been singing over her from the very beginning...


Hold To Jesus By Erin O'Donnell

Your a little piece of heaven, your a golden ray of light. And I wish I could protect you from the worries of this life. But if there's one thing I could tell you, its no matter what you do, hold to Jesus, he's holding on to you.

The world will try to tell you that night is warm and bright. That beauty's on the outside, and being good's a losing fight. But remember what I've told you, because the world will make you choose, hold to Jesus He's holding on to you.

Hold on to Jesus, cling to his love. Rest deep in His mercy whenever things get rough. Don't lose sight of his goodness and don't ever doubt this truth, that when you hold on to Jesus, he's holding on to you!

Hear me Dear Jesus, rock this little one to sleep. Keep her close when she's scared, and give her grace when she is weak. I know she'll stumble, but I know she'll make it through if you hold on to her just like you said you'd do. Hold her Jesus and she'll hold on tight to you.

If I could add to this song I would add all the prayers I've prayed for her already. Prayers that ask Jesus to be the one she can confide in. I'd add how I know that there comes a time in a daughters life when "Mamma" isn't the first person she wants to talk to. And that's okay with me as long as Jesus is that person! I would add my hopes that she would have a huge reputation. Not as the world gives them, but one that says God is always first in her life. I'd add a line that expresses my biggest fear that she will pick meaningless love over the eternal one God gives. Yet I'd quickly follow the line up with my surrender to God as he is the one much wiser than I am that can help me raise this beautiful daughter. I'd end the song with my thankfulness and gratitude that God has given me such a wonderful little girl, no matter how grown up she gets.
So, my Lily Girl! There's no way my lines would sound quite as good... just Hold on to Jesus and he will do the rest!


No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!