Monday, March 19, 2007

The Perfect Day

I had such a perfect day... Well almost! My babies have been sick for awhile. Zech getting a sinus infection, Lily having RSV, has taken its toll on me! Dave has been so swamped at work, that I can barely bare to ask him for much more help at home because I want to let him rest a little. I thought I was getting sick there for a while. But today! It was a good day. I decided when I got up this morning that staying in the house was a bad idea. Lily had me up 6 times last night... not really sure why, but I counted all six! And I was exhausted when they got up at 7 (which is NOT a bad time.) So I laid down on the couch promising myself I'd get up after this cartoon... well, maybe one more cartoon, then I will get up. So finally at 8:45, I pick up the phone and call my sister-in-law who... lets just say "had the day off". "Wanna go to the mall with us?" I was SO happy when she didn't even hesitate and agreed to meet us at 10. Even though I was not ready at ten, or even eleven for that matter, we went to the mall. I got Zech the cutest easter outfit (WITH A HAT) I am SO excited. And Zech got to play at the kids place... and was very polite and very social. He made his mommy proud. So he got some treats from the toy store, and some jelly beans from Old Navy, and he remained good! Lily napped, and ate some, and we left with Ice Cream! It was a beautiful day! I truely had a blast! Even when we sat in traffic for an hour and a half (when I wanted to take a different route! He he... in case Rachel reads). It makes me realize just how wonderful I have it! My kids are so cute (we had a conversation about how most kids are "cute" but my kids are a different kind of cute... they are GORGEOUS!!!). They are well behaved, even tempered (for the most part) and easy going. My sister in law likes me enough to be friends with me and spend her day with a scatter brained mommy and 2 gorgeous kids! And I have a husband that rushed home to see us (even though we were late because of the route we took to get home RACHEL!!!)(just kidding, btw). I put my kids to bed, they stayed in bed (lily might sleep all night... she had cereal tonight... thick cereal... LOVED IT... cried when I wasnt fast enough!) I cleaned the house... including the toilets... but then Dave got called to work. He'll have to work overnight. Hense the reason I am on at 12:30am... I can't sleep. i want my Davey! I feel like I've put unnessasary pressure on him and made him feel pulled between a demanding job and a demanding wife. I woke up this morning praying that God will keep me in my place. My place to encourage him and love him, and know that we will be together forever and that a few extra hours at work will not hurt us. So, even though my night didn't end as perfect as it had been the multiple hours before, I am so glad God answered my prayers and helped me be more supportive and loving as my dear husband left frustrated at his job. We looked forward to putting the kids to bed early and having some alone time. We needed it. But, we've built a strong marriage... it won't break over one night! Sometimes parenthood can take a lot... but today it was a giving day!

1 comment:

JCsings4Him said...

Hey!!! I am so glad you had a good day...even if Rachel thinks she knows where to go!! She never said getting stuck was her direction, hope that semi-driver was okay!! Poor Rachel...no job and she went the wrong way... still, she does ROCK as an SIL and an Aunt. She loves those babies fo'sho'! :~)

I love your new look...very cool and light and springy! YEAH Spring!

Hopefully David will be off early today and he will be able to rest and NOT have to work until tomorrow morning like NORMAL!!!

And...hope you have an even better day today...see you tomorrow!

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!