Friday, March 16, 2007

Will it ever end???

As I sit down to finally have some time where my arms are not holding someone, I notice my day may not be a great day after all. I've already changed my shirt twice, just to see that this current shirt has chocolate cookie all over it.
My first shirt was covered in Lily snot. She can't help it, I can't help it. I've wiped, I've suctioned, I've cleaned off with a warm towel... its just on the run! So I change.
My second shirt got completely drenched by the kids bath. Lily still doesn't like the bath... Zech likes it too much. He likes to pour water on the ledge ( I guess he doesn't realize that it will eventually fall to the ground) so as I lean over to wash Lily (screaming lily... producing more snot as she cries) I get completely drenched. I try to smile as I think of how my husband wouldn't mind the wet white shirt, but quickly get back to the bath tub mind!
I get Lily out, quickly get her warm in a cute outfit (maybe it will make her feel better). I try to put her down to get yet another shirt. Then I try to rock my sick baby to sleep. She sounds as if shes sleeping constantly as she snores even when she is awake. Sleep is not coming. So I put her down to clean Zech (making sure to clean up the water to save my shirt)... he's not too happy... and Lily has taken cue and decided she's not happy either. I have to let them cry!
Zech gets dressed, Lily gets rocked (along with Zech, who has decided Lily has had momma for too long, its his turn now!) She's finally asleep. I think "Wow, I can get online" But Zech wants to be held. I bribe him with devil's food cookies and he quickly follows me down stairs. I start looking at my email when I notice that every cookie in the just opened container has had a snotty bite taken out of it. I really wanted those cookies too! I put the cookies away, there's no need for him to eat them all... and it causes a melt down. His intentions were to keep me from eating any, i am sure and to secure them all for himself (12 cookies!!!)Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketHe's checking to make sure he won't gain too much from all those cookies...
He wants consoled, I pick him up, and now I need a new shirt! I probably don't even have another one!

You are probably wondering why I get all bent out of shape about a shirt! Well, I have two sick kids. One with a sinus infection, and another with a possible case of RSV. One is gettin over his, so unfortunately Lily started getting sick when Mamma was already tired from caring for Zech. Lily can't sleep laying down flat, but still feels she must be on her belly. So I've had 3 nights of sleeping sitting up with a snoring little girl that can't seem to get comfortableand is just so full of snot we could try to market it!. She's on the verge of dehydration from not eating,
She doesn't look too sick does she?Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I tried spoon feeding her some liquid. So, although changing shirts isn't normally a blog worthy topic... today it just seems bigger than normal. Little sleep makes big problems... now, the problem... getting a new shirt... God will provide, right?

1 comment:

JCsings4Him said...

Oh my word!! How hectic! I hope they will sleep for you this afternoon and that the weather will warm up this weekend and they can go out to play, even if it's in the parking lot!!

I will see you tomorrow morning!

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!