Monday, February 26, 2007

Temporarily insane!!!




I can honestly say I really really do enjoy staying at home with my kids. I can't imagine taking them to a daycare and dropping them off only to call and check up all day long. So, what I am about to say needs to be taken with a grain of salt!
MY KIDS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! We stayed in last Thursday and did the end of the week house work because Dave had the next day off. Then we all went out for the day on Friday... that was the last day I went anywhere, and we all got out of the house! Today is MONDAY! It doesn't seem like a long time, but I have cabin fever after one day! Saturday I wanted to let Dave have a lounge around day so I didn't press to get out. Then the blizzard came. It started to really snow hard! So by afternoon, we were snowed in. Then Church gets canceled, and the Blizzard returns. So there was no outings on Sunday either. Then... we had to take our van in for some safety repairs and they inform me today (today is the day I thought I would break down and work for 50 cents an hour just to get away!) that they can't guarantee my van even by this weekend. I really feel bad for that poor man who called with the news. Zech is screaming because mamma won't blow bubbles for the next 20 hours, Lily is screaming because she hasn't learned to just FALL ASLEEP!!! And the phone rings with this horrid news.
I think Zech gets cabin fever just as bad, so he starts to get more and more wild as the hours tick and he is still in the house. He wants a snack, but can't decide which one, so no matter what I offer its as if I've offered him poison. Lily wants a nap, but has fought it so much that she can't seem to get comfy and just close her eyes and fall asleep. And I am just trying my hardest to be the best mom I can be at that moment when two kids are screaming their heads off and I can't help them at all.
I keep my cool, never raised my voice (praise God for His help) and leave Zech to find his own snack (which prompts him to make up his mind very fast!) And sway Lily just an extra second faster and all is calm. So I call the guy back, trying to figure out what I can do about our van. He offers a loaner and apologizes as he promises me he will do the best he can to get it to me before Thursday.
Hallelujah, I have a car, we're going out tomorrow! It's play date day!!! And I will forget how crazy these kids make me! I do love them so much anyway, how can I not!

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!