Monday, March 16, 2009

Week 9
My baby now is about the size of a medium green olive (talk about being very precise, huh?)
Although the baby is still very small, it is beginning to look more like a human being. he will begin to make tiny movements as the muscles start to develop. The arms and hands are progressing faster than the legs and feet at this point. By this time of his development, the hands have defined finger ridges and the tissue between them will die off to leave separate fingers.
I can't believe how cute this little baby is! I can't wait to see him/her.
Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: My baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. My baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that my baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain. YAY! I can't wait for the rapid weight gain! hehe!

So far her (if its possible that its a girl) name is Julianne Rose. We will call her Jule (or possibly it will come out of my mouth as Jules, as does Lily's name come out as Lils very often).

We'll see if Dave speaks up and changes it. Right now he is so convinced its a boy that he agrees to anything I say just because...

His name (as we assume its a boy) is Nathanael Paul (Nate). I just have to have the name set! It drives me crazy if I don't!

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!