Monday, March 09, 2009

NO MORE TAIL (well almost!)
This week my baby has developed webbed fingers and toes that are poking out from his hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. (Good thing that goes away... whew!) In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. My baby is about the size of a kidney bean and is constantly moving. I shouldn't be able to feel this yet, it is a bit too small!
We just found out that my sister-in-law (I should just say sister, she's as close as my own!) is pregnant too. She waited a long time to tell us and is actually further along than I am. We are three weeks apart. I am so excited. My older sister is pregnant too, due in June. (she will say May, but she always goes late... so I am assuming June). All these babies! I just can't believe I am only 8 weeks along! That is A LONG TIME to wait! I mention this every week, but really!
I know that if I stopped thinking about it October would be here sooner than a blink of an eye. The summer always goes by too fast!
I still haven't had my first prenatal appointment. Its driving me crazy! I assume everything is okay, but I'd really like to hear it (and see it) at the first appointment. I hear he has a new internal ultrasound machine and I will have my first ultra sound! I am SUPER excited about that!
I brag about how I hardly feel pregnant, no real bad symptoms other than being tired. But lately I've felt pretty yucky. I feel like I need to eat, but the thought of food makes me nauseas! Its an endless cycle. Not bad enough to have anti-nausea meds or anything, and never close to really puking (except when I saw a kid throw up on tv yesterday!). So far so good! This is VERY similar to my past pregnancies.
I'm really feeling boy! I am not sure I'll believe it if its a girl.
Also, I am making my prediction now that when I do have my ultra sound they will say I am 4 days farther than my LMP says. I think I ovulated on the 23rd, so I did the calculations and that would make my due date 10/14... hey, its 4 days early! I can hope, huh!

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!