Monday, March 02, 2009



And a new Milestone Monday!



The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities. And at this stage is when you say "Oh, its so ugly its cute!" I mean, really that baby isn't the cutest in the world, but he is close! (All Ciske Babies are adorable!)


Technically, my baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone (see, cute, huh?) The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. My baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry. And I measured my tummy and I've grown too. My pants all still fit, but I'm definately bigger!My uterus has doubled in size in the past five weeks (even if it just a few cms!) This baby has eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of my baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in my baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.


I hope I am not boring you, I do this every pregnancy. I study all the things my baby is doing inside. Its my way of checking up! I just stand in awe of how God can do such awesome things. And yet there are people who don't acknowledge his awesome ways!


I love that all I need to do is provide nutrition for this baby (and even if I do poorly at this, the baby will take what it needs from me) and God is forming this baby. Every little bloodcell, every eye lash, every organ, every personality triat... he is in control of it all! How wonderfully amazing!


I can't wait to meet him (or her). At this point I would be in utter shock to find out its a girl. That may change later, but so far, I think its a boy! I've even picked out the baby bedding! I haven't bought it... although, I may buy a few things just in case ( I saw stuff that would match at the Dollar spot at Target!) I can always regift to others... right...


here is a picture of the bedding... (well, it won't post a pic... here is the link)
http://www.target.com/Sumersault-Geo-Boy-10-pc-Crib/dp/B001MEY0IQ/ref=in_de_display%20_children?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=0TJ54JRREFZ7ZH478Z2C&pf_rd_p=465352811&pf_rd_i=B001NXE44G&pf_rd_s=bottom-8&altString=Sumersault%20Geo%20Boy%2010-pc.%20Crib%20Set&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5201

I will not be disappointed to have another girl, it just doesn't seem like thats what it is. So, let it be known now what I have made my perdiction as. Now, I have been known to change last minute... but I won't say "I was right all along!" hehe! Imean, Ihave a 50/50 chance of being correct, right?

But on another note, Ifeel GREAT. I am tired, and feel like I've lost my mind at times (I will be researching to see what this pregnancy brain is!). But I am not sick, I don't even feel yucky, I am kinda losing my appetite a bit, but thats okay! I make sure to get my mini meals in. I need a healthy baby! So, so far, so good! I look forward to the next 33 weeks of feeling GREAT! *yeah, right, right?

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!