Saturday, March 07, 2009



I've been a mommy for FOUR years!
My oldest baby is 4! Zech's birthday was on Wednesday. He has just grown up so much! I always like to reminisce about that fabulous day he was born. I was scared out of my mind. I'd never really had surgery before. But they thought a C-Section was what was best for our situation. The moment he came out the nurse said "I am SO glad we did the section!" That first glance at him amazed me. I could see him. He had been kicking me and flipping around so much inside, that when I saw this calm tiny (well, not so tiny at 9# 5oz) little thing, my heart melted. He still does that to me today. He says the most wonderful things. Just yesterday he was "reading" this card his grandma sent him. He said the card was from Jesus. Jesus had "written" "I love you all, even those with polka-dotted hair." Then he said that the card said "Hosanna, blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Love, Jesus!"
(that was this weeks memory verse!) When Zech sees hearts he says "this heart reminds us that God loves us!" And now when I see a heart that is what I remember.
When Zech was born all I thought I knew was gone. He was unlike any baby I'd ever had experience with. I had nannied for many years before becoming a mommy, and when that day came, it wasn't like nanny-ing at all! This was MY baby! I would raise him without having to check with any one else. No one could undo my decisions. He was so strong willed from the very beginning. I knew right away we would have to have a double portion of patience. I praise God now, 4 years later, for that patience, yet I still am asking for more!
Zech is a struggle some times, but he is just so wonderful! He is just so sweet! He is just so smart! And these strong willed traits will serve him well with his walk with God! I can't wait to see it flourish!
So far I really like this 4 year old thing! he has matured a lot in the last month! he is more willing to do things on his own. He is is learning at a very rapid pace. He is starting to calm down quicker and easier with every disappointment. He is really getting more and more independent. I am liking 4, so far!

So here are some pics to see how far he's come!



No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!