Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Ciske Vacation!

Day 1: We got to St. Louis, couldn't check in to the hotel, the money we deposited in our new account WASN'T counted as it was supposed to so we had no money! We went to the mall for dinner and to let Zech get off some energy, then went to my moms. Good thing she loves us. Other than seeing the kids with their Pops and Mimi... that was the first day.

Day 2: We went to church at Christian Chapel. The sermon was good. He's a good preacher, we were just tired. And the 2nd point didn't start until 40 min into the sermon... but it was good. We took a good afternoon nap, and "hung out".

Day 3: We went to a BBQ at my friends. It was like a reunion... it was wonderful! I miss those people like mad! I love where I am, but I always loved it here... mainly because of the people. I can't always tell if they love me or if their love for Dave rubs off and overflows to me. Either way, I love that they love my family! We stayed the night at our friends. So nice of them. Zech loved having the sleepover, even if the girls were a bit too loud during Seasame Street. He wanted them to come with us the next day... they wanted to come too. I wish they could have, I just adore that family!
Lily made a friend too. Aren't they cute!? Lily wanted that pacifier!

Day 4: the ZOO!!! We didn't see all that we wanted too. The zoo slogan is "Come out and play" but the animals didn't do their part! We wanted to see the Rhinos... it was gone. we did see a Hippo. It was hidden.Can yousee it?
I thought it was a rock until it moved. Zech was just as amazed. We saw elephants and butterflies... one landed on my sholder, Zechs expression was priceless!

It was getting pretty hot! The kids were a bit crabby towards the end, and of all things, I ran out of battery on my camera! DEVASTATING!!! So we skipped the arch and went to the mall. Zech was tired!
That night Lily started running a very high fever. We didn't have a theremometer, but I could feel her poor hot head! the night was a rough one... even with tylonol. I just wanted to cry. i can't stand to have sick kids!

Day 5: We went to the Magic House. It is a wonderful place for kids. I was so excited. Zech had a rough time. He pushed tiny babies down for looking at him wrong. We made sure we kept our cool and got our $22 worth (we did, its a great place) and left about 2 hours after we arrived. Zech liked the water best.

Lily's fever was 102.2. And Zech got a spanking for being so bad! I sat on the phone with my doctor, the insurance company and the nurse's line for a bit more than hour to find out where the line is drawn where she's safe and when she needs to go to the ER. One last dose of Tylenol and the fever was gone. By bed time she was as good as new! Then Zech felt warm... 104.6! The motrin brought it right down, but again we had a rough night. We are thinking of checking out early if we have to stay home with a sick kid.

Day 6. Zech's fever seems to be fine as long as he keeps motrin in him. So we are going to attempt the Science Center with my parents today. Lily is feeling much better...

Zech is fine, but I still don't think he feels the best. It was fun though. He saw a huge T-Rex and we found that he is actually scared of something.

Day 7: We met our old pastors for lunch. they are such wonderful people and I miss them so much. I don't know why I don't stay in touch with them. They have always treated us like family. Then we headed back to my parents where the weather was perfect for swimming. Aren't they so cute in their suits??

Day 8: Monica Graduated! She sat there through 640 graduates... she should get a prize for that.

Day 9: What a day! It was almost the best one! We went to St. Peter's AG in the morning. It was so refreshing. It just kept that memory alive for me... something to continue to pray for as our church grows. Then at night we went to Trinity. It was a time of closure for us. It was so nice to see everyone as they wondered how it was possible for us to have TWO kids. It was a blast.
Well, thats it in a nut shell... was a bit pressed for time. We are still recovering... But I have jotted stuff down that I really want to blog about... so stay tuned!

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!