Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Potty Training!!!

Yipee... I mean, oh-my-goodness, this is frustrating! I wanted to do the potty training in a day, but didn't get the book yet. So we tried anyway. We've been giving salty snacks (not that interested) and sugary, fun drinks (tea, lemonade, juice). I put him on the potty every 15 min until he pees then go 30 min. He hates leaving his game to sit on the toilet. But we've been singing songs, reading books, playing with flashcards... nothing, nada, zip! He pees 5 min after he gets down! Or, I miss it because I am feeding Lily and he goes 20 min instead. AHHHH! And its only been 5 hours! I am doing laundry, he's almost out of shorts. I have faith that it will get better. He's been a fast learning on most everything else. And did I honestly think he'd be potty trained by a trainer that knows NOTHING in 5 hours. NO! So we continue... no more diapers!!! And I mean it!

2 comments:

JCsings4Him said...

I just wanted to throw a little encouragement your way. Don't worry about the potty training. He'll do it when he's ready. This isn't like introducing solid food at 6 months, if he doesn't catch on in a couple of weeks it's really not the end of the world, he WILL go and he WILL learn. Sometimes babies speak in sentences at 6 months...sometimes they don't say their first word until they're one. Sometimes babies walk at nine months, some don't until they are almost three. Sometimes potty training takes almost a year and not 5 days. And sometimes books are bogus, just so ya know.

Stevie, you such an incredible Mom, so full of wisdom and fun. A great combination! I hate to see you so frustrated...you are wonderful and I really want you to KNOW that!!!! :~)

theciskekidsrblessings said...

Well, THANK YOU!!! You're awesome!!!

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!