Sunday, May 27, 2007

Our Vacation Vow

Before we left for vacation (yesterday) Dave and I vowed to not get huffy, not get over frustrated, and to overlook many annoyances. Its hard for kids to be off schedule and away from home, they just might act up (as well as adults). So, knowing that in advance we already spoke about keeping ourselves in check.

We get to St. Louis after a very great drive. It went by very fast (even though it was the day of the Ciske Kid's Poop Day! and we had to stop for poopy diapers a lot!). We arrived at our hotel to find that the money we had deposited in our new bank account was still not registering. So we had no hotel. I could see it in Dave's eyes has he came out rubbing his temples. I had to do my very best to assure him it would be okay. We could go to my moms until the money comes in on tuesday. We called our friends and we are going to stay at their house on Monday night. If we dropped one night at the hotel it would cover the gas of driving to my moms. All is well. sure we have NO money for the weekend. Dave did well. I know its hard for him to let my parents pay for things, and to rely on them (some male pride thing that he thinks shows he can't provide for his family). But as hard as I know it is for him to tame his frustrations, he mastered it well.
We will head back to St. Louis on monday. No biggie. All well on the Ciske front!

2 comments:

JCsings4Him said...

I am glad to hear things turned out alright! I am sure your Mom was THRILLED to have you stay...I know how much they must miss you all!!

Church was good today...no children at all, tho. And we were down A LOT!!! Almost 20 missing!!! Lots of people on vaca and just gone, I guess.

Have a wonderful week...be safe and have lots and lots of fun! Say hi to Jen for me!!!

theciskekidsrblessings said...

wow! that is a low group. At least we didn't have to worry about kids church! and I am glad we didn't stay "just in case" I'd been REALLY mad! he he!

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!