Monday, September 29, 2008

May I pass out or puke now?

So our plans for today were a bit changed this morning when Zech somehow ran into the corner of the walls (ya know where two walls meet) and put an index finger + size gash in his head. I ran to him and turned him around and about DIED when I saw this huge gash with white glaring through! I panicked for a moment. Called Dave hysterically and told him I didn't think I could do this alone and to meet us at the hospital. Then immediately realized I could do it. I calmed down, got a cold cloth and the diaper bag and we were off.
Each time I looked in the rearview mirror and saw this giant opening in his head I thought I'd die. But we made it! It was about a 12 minute drive to the ER, and a 3 min drive to find a parking spot! (Note to self... next time use valet parking!) This lady sees me holding Zech like a baby and dragging Lily by her arm as we walk to the building. She quickly grabs a wheel chair and puts all three of us in it. They call ahead to the docs to let them know "There is a boy coming with a hole in his head!" (it wasn't really THAT bad).
We get in the room and they put a cotton ball of liticane on it (the cotton ball, the entire thing, fit inside the gash!). Zech stayed pretty calm as he watched some rapping bear on TV. He didn't do too well with the long needle of numbing stuff, and neither did I. I wanted to look in Zech's eyes to make sure he knew I was there for him, so I had to watch this long needle go in as Zech's face swelled with hurt and fear! Then they washed it (they may have washed it first???) and there was more crying. then they covered his head with a cloth that had a whole in it just for the "Laceration". Thats when I realized he couldn't see my face, so I started to bawl! I felt so sick to my stomach! But I quickly realized he needed to hear me. I asked him "Would you rather do the Big Balls or the sucker punch wall?" He calmed down and answered my questions "Big Balls"
"Would you rather do the suckerpunch wall or the Butt Kicker?" "Butt kicker". "Would you like the cookie cutter wall or the Bubble Bath" "Bubble bath". (all things from Wipeout his favorite show... its a crazy obstacle course game show). Then all of a sudden he must have seen the needle/hook the guy was using to stitch him up, he lost it. He was "done" as he said. I had to hold him down and try to calm him.
13 stitches later the guy removed the cloth and all was well in Zech's life. He was over it quickly.

CHEESE, he says!

Here is what I am praising God for:

  1. He had no concusion or loss of consciousness
  2. He was abnormally calm for such a strong willed child
  3. He allowed prayer to calm him. We prayed during a hard time and when we were done he said "In Jesus' name, Amen" and stopped crying.
  4. God gave me strength when I didn't know I could do it
  5. Lily stayed very calm and behaved well, i didn't have to worry about her at all.
  6. It could have happened 3 minutes earlier and i wouldn't have been RIGHT there!

There was a point I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it all, but then there was a point where something welled up and I knew it would be fine, it was okay, could be worse. I kinda feel like vomiting right now, now that he's well, and sleeping. But thats okay, I handled it! lets just not let this happen again!

New rule: NO RUNNING IN THE HOUSE... Why wasn't that in place before???

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!