Tuesday, April 24, 2007

So Far, So Good

It's been our first trip alone. I feel like supermom, at least for the moment! I packed the kids up, left Dave to himself (sniff sniff, I miss him already) and drove to MO with the kids ALL BY MYSELF!!!! they did so well! Lily cried for the last 15 minutes and thats it. Zech watched his movies, he even changed the DVDs himself (he dropped a few!) I was very impressed, they made me look good! My van stayed pretty clean, and we made pretty good time. We stopped at the St. Louis Zoo. Zech was VERY excited to see the Monkey's, bears, and best of all the one and only Happy Feet (the penguin house!). the Penguins were my favorite too, as the freezing artic weather was a great break from the 80+ degree.
Today we went to the mall early enough that the kids could play at the play place before the mall even opened. AND, I got 4 pair of shoes (not for myself of course... just one pair is mine!) for UNDER $40. Zech and Leila are quite the friends. It does appear that poor Miles is Zech's archenemy! Zech is just having a hard time sharing with him and being nice altogether. There has been many timeouts...
AND... dun dun dun duuuun...
LILY HAS SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! Now, I will work on getting her to sleep past 5:30! she is starting to sit up, learning how to cope with the LOUD REED/JACKSON family! she has been startled quite a few times. Zech has been a super big brother! He gets up at 5:30 to help me take care of her too! Yeah for mommy! (but I am sleeping fully through the house.) Not to mention my two babies snore much softer than my bigger baby back at home.

So I leave you with a cute story about Zech.
Last night (our first night here) Zech was having a hard time staying in a strange room. I felt like I couldn't stay in there with him when I still had Lily to feed and get ready for bed. He cried like he was scared. it was very hard to leave him. I had left a lamp on, then off again, then gave him his own flashlight (one of Zech's favorite!) nothing worked. finally I brought lily up and put her in the crib and told Zech he needed to "watch" her and be a good big brother and stay quiet in the room withher. he said, "Okay, Mommy! I will! I watch Wiwwy (Lily) sweep (sleep)." And I didn't have a problem thereafter! tonight he asked when his sister was coming too.
So far so good! It's being fun!!!

2 comments:

JCsings4Him said...

Oh, I am SO GLAD you had a fairly uneventful trip! Aside from the DVD player cord thing-y! Don't you feel awesome that you did that????? Even though I have never traveled THAT FAR with the kids alone, I still took trips to Greenbay with them alone and I just felt like I could take on anything...I was an ADULT. It really was a growing experience and I LOVED it!! I am so proud of you for just doing it! And I am glad you are having a good time...and finding great bargains!

David came by on Monday for a little while, and he will go with us to dinner to Famous Dave's on Thursday. Carl talked with him last night and he will see him at Bible Study tonight. I know he misses you terribly!

Have a great week...we'll see you when you get back...say hello to your Mom and family...drive safely! :~)

JCsings4Him said...

Hey...we miss you guys!!! Hope you are having a wonderful time in MO! Drive safe and we'll see you in a few days!

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!