Friday, December 07, 2007

To Beckie

A few days ago while at my MIL's house Beckie calls her mom (my MIL) to tell her this horrendous story about how Lexi had a bit of gas, but went to sleep so she "let sleeping babies lie" (Good girl, Beckie) but by the time she got her up she had pooped up her back under her arms and up her chest. I can hear MIL laughing in a sympathetic laugh. When she got off the phone we were talking about how horrible that is. I had mentioned how it never really happened to us. That Zech never did it, and Lily did a little once when Dave fed her an entire jar of prunes that morning.
WELL, BECKIE... IT HAPPENED!
Lily is a whinner. I've learned to drown it out and get her when its convienent to me. So she gets up super early this morning and is whinning. I let her whine and cry for about half an hour. I finally go in to get her. When I open the door the blast of foul odor reprimanded me for waiting so long. She was covered in poo! I carried her away from my body into the Living room where the diaper wipes were. HA! Diaper Wipes! This was a washcloth/bath job. So I carry her like she's toxic to the bathroom. Lay her down and begin... it was like one of those huge j0bs where you have to decide "WHERE DO I START?" I decided to get the chunks just so I could get her in the sink for her prewash for her bath. Its 6:30 AM! and she is fighting me tooth and nail. Does she really want to sit in this stuff forever? She should be thanking me! She is a year old, although very tiny, she is fiesty, and wiry and strong! I am exhausted! Finally its cleaned up, clothes and diaper bagged up, sheets changed. Dave walks in and is hit in the face as well with this gag reflexing odor. It was REALLY BAD! It was so bad she had a bit of diaper rash on her knees and thighs.
And, Beckie, if you haven't already learned as a mother, Moms are very competetive... SO
I WIN!!!! he he! I hope your beautiful baby girl isn't ever so foul!
Sorry no pictures, I didn't want poop on the camera! he he

1 comment:

JCsings4Him said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! This is PRICELESS! Aren't you glad you blog so you will never forget???

I love that we ALL have those "cool poop" stories...well...whatever!!

Still laughing...
JC (MIL) :~)))

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!