Thursday, December 20, 2007

MOMMY!!!

There are many different ways to say "Mommy". There's the sweet gentle way they say it when they want to get out of bed in the morning. There's the distressed call of "MOMMMMMMY" in a panicy voice. There's the over and over and over... and over "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy..." I could go on! There's the Zech's "Mommy, Whatcha doin'" (which even though he says WAY too much, its still VERY cute! There's the first words "ma ma". and the not so pleasant grunting/mad/angry at the world "MOMMY!" Its not always the best name to be called. But, thats who I am. I am the one that helps them out of bed, the one that calms the storms (little baby storms), the annoyed one that has drowned out the repeating saying of my name. I am the busy one, the one in that new baby's gaze, and even the one they get mad at... and mine are all under 3.
Before I had babies, I was Stevie, or Sweetie, or Babe. I was Mrs. Ciske, Miss Stevie, or Hey You! Now, my only name is Mommy. I am sure people call me by other names, but the name of Mommy somehow is said a gazillion more times, a trillion times louder, and carried a ton more weight.
I used to pretend I had tons of babies. I never played "day care". I played "MOMMY". I loved the name. I couldn't wait to get older so that I could be one. It was my one desire. My only care about adulthood. I wanted to be married and be that man's Baby Mommy!
When Zech came, it took him forever to say it. I waited and waited. I am pretty sure he was like 18 months old before he said it. I melted. It was the prettiest name I'd ever heard. Then #2 came and it was her first word. now, its said at least 1 million times a day.
When naming my own children I made sure the names had such great meaning. Names that carried along with them blessings and direction. There is a lot in a name.
So praise God, My name is Mommy! I am just so blessed and so grateful for the title.
I love it when I am kissing Zech's face and in between gasps for breath and giggles he says "mommy!". I love it when Lily is looking for me saying "mama! Mama!" I love it when Zech says "Mommy, are you okay, are you hurt, are you sick..." Ilove it when Lily calls for me from her bed (not really at 2am, but in the morning). I love it when Dave says "Go show Mommy!"
I am humbled to have such a wonderful name!

1 comment:

JCsings4Him said...

Precious. And a wonderful name, I so agree! Now, my favorite name is "Oma". I do not care if someone else thinks it's a silly thing to be called... "why not just plain 'grandma'?" Because I need to be known I guess. I need to know that when my grandkids say "Oma", they will see my face in their little minds.

Precious Mommy...thanks for a great read!

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!