Monday, June 11, 2007

SO WHAT!!!

So what, most of my blogs are about potty training! We made the mistake of taking a break for the weekend! Zech was not happy to resume potty training this morning. He fought me hard! I cried. He cried... Dave got on the internet! Yeah, I am still a bit peaved... but I emailed him and politely asked him not to do that EVER again!
I've been praying instead of losing it. I keep the smile on my face and grit my teeth underneath! I read the book on how to do it in 4 hours. As I read it I had my doubts. It sounds like Lily could do it. But a stubborn boy like Zech... ah, no! We are supposed to stay in one room and do nothing but potty train all day. We talk about dry pants, eat snacks and drink drinks and check our pants with the only interruption being going to the potty chair every 15 min. Zech can't stand to stay in one room. He wanted his toys, and he HATED when I mentioned his underware! Even if he was dry! He hated to sit on the potty and he hated to clean up his mess. So I eased up on the dry pants talk. Let him play a bit and still encouraged the snacks and drinks. He held it until I put him on the potty, screamed when I made him attempt to pull up his pants... but a majority of the time, he pottied in the pot. Not the potty chair like the book says... he refused! But in the big potty... And he gets down flushes and washes hands. Thats fine with me. He was dry for over 3 hours. He is napping in undies. And once he even came and got me to take him... and once he held it from his room to the living room potty without an accident! (I tried to put him on the potty right by his room, but it didn't have the child seat, so he waited until he got to the other one!)
My goal (and my prayer) is to keep on him, going every 15 min. Even after nap and all day tomorrow... then testing it and seeing if we can go to Oma's house on Wed. so we can practice away from home (but still in someone's home)... God! Help me!!!
And expect more potty blogs!!!

1 comment:

JCsings4Him said...

WOW! He really is doing great! And I thought he did really good tonight...he was so fun to watch with all the kids! Thanks for a great night!

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!