Friday, February 02, 2007

Bad Motherhood day!



I vowed to never scream at my children (or their father for that matter!). I now pray that Zech will not remember that I broke that vow! Today was not a great day for me! My house just needed a few things done to it to make it the way it should be. So I don't know if the pressure of getting that done mixed very ill with Zech's bad behavior... or if I just need more sleep overall.
He had such a large screaming fit again while I was feeding Lily. Its like he knows I can't get up and do anything, so he pushes every button possible. Well, buttons pushed is not an excuse for looking a tiny 2 year old in the face and screaming. And thats just what I did. I didn't yell bad things at him. Ididn't call him names or hurt him physically... I just yelled! LOUD!!! Then I walked him to his room. We eneded up having to sit outside his room and hold the door closed. Then finally this tiny gorgeous boy comes out and hugs me and says "sorry, mamma"... No, Mamma is sorry! There is never an excuse to yell. No matter what happens, and no matter how mad I get, I am the adult right? I set the example, right? I am shaping this boy's (and with Lily in myarms too) demeanor. What to I say? "Zech, use your words!" As I throw mine out the window and scream!

So, I am sorry, buddy!! And to Lily who was just trying to enjoy her milk. I just pray you remember all the things Mamma does right and quickly forget the many I do wrong.
I love you both!!

How can I truly scream at this gorgeous thing????

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!