Friday, February 16, 2007

MY LIFE:


It's so funny how ever since I was WAY younger my dream was to be a Stay at home mom. To raise my kids myself. And as many dreams we have when we are younger seem to not turn out the way we intended... its just not so with this one. My life is almost exactly the way I thought it would be. Dave is a pastor, we live in a parsonage, I am a stay at home mom of TWO kids. We wake rather early, and only about 3 hours after Lily's last feeding, have breakfast. Zech goes and watches his "shows" while I clean up the kitchen and bedrooms. Our goal is TV off by 9pm and house clean. Doesn't always happen that way, but hey, I have a three month old, routines take time.
We've joined play groups and worked the mall into our days, yep, this is the life.
I've really started trying to take more pictures. I really enjoy it. I love seeing my kids laugh and getting to capture it on camera. Even if I have to fight with Zech to sit still for a single picture.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My life is turning out the way I thought it'd be. We don't have a ton of money, or wonderful fancy cars, or an elaborate material life, but I've got my devoted husband, not just to me, but to GOD, I've got my son and daughter, with the agreement we will have more. I've got family close by that I see often (something I never thought I cared about!) And I've got Christ!
My day is full of great and wonderful things. Play time, reading time, crazy physical activity time, quiet time, nap time, snack time... But even better is the devotion time we've established with Zech. I look forward to it every night. When he finds a way to climb into bed, cuddles up and listens to the Bible story. Then we point things out in teh pictures tries to say new words (still don't know how JESUS became SHANTI and how HOLY SPIRIT became HOLY another word we don't say! But we are working on it!) But he bows his head and prays with me. He mentions his daddy and sister and mamma in his prayers, then ends with the sweetest AMEN! It makes me so proud. And makes me feel like if my whole day isn't perfect, I have ended it doing one thing right! Pointing my child towards Christ. My sole purpose as a mother!

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!