Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Scatter-brained

This is just some random thoughts that have been going through this scatter-brained head of mine. I may not act completely scatter-brained, but if only you could hear my thoughts....

This last week I sat in the sound booth at church. it was very important that I pay attention and click the new screens as the worship team sang (for the congregation to see the words on our new PLASMA TVS). I knew that my mind should stay focused, and found myself making my vacation lists, my todo lists, and wondering if Zech had to pee. Seriously... Zech had an entire glass of lemonade before church. I had forgotten to tell the workers that he'd have to go pee. And then I worried they'd send him by himself and he'd come out half naked... something we are working hard on... modesty and privacy. My fingers methodically clicked the right buttons, my mouth sang the words, I feel my spirit worshipped, but my mind was racing with all these things that could have waited until later... Does this ever go away?

Today my mind has been spinning about this new word Zech picked up... MOM! He has decided he'd like to say MOM instead of Mommy. At first I was doing my hair this morning with Lily perched ever so annoyingly at my feet saying her usual "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" with no response to my "what, what, what?" I thought about just letting him call me Mom, I mean, it beats hearing Mommy twelve-hundred times a day, right? But the more he said it the more I got that lump in the bottom of my throat that made me want to cry... loud and hard. So I asked him, " Can you call me Mommy a bit longer?" He said yes, but he'd already formed the habit, so the entire day we had to have the discussion "Please don't call me MOM"! I think people in the stores thought he wasn't mine.

I've also laughed at the things I DIDN'T think about before letting them come out of my mouth today... I won't mention them all, but they are those things that you never thought you'd say... for example...
Don't put Chicken in your Sister's face!
You can't yank her legs!!!
Be gentle with that steering wheel, you might break it!
The list could be longer if this scatter-brain would let me think...
Well, even as I sit here, I have my mental list of things I must get done... this isn't one of them. Sorry if I scattered your brain just by you reading this!

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!