Friday, July 25, 2008

A Healthy Snack Makes Happy Kids
A while ago when there was not enough cereal to make a complete bowl I started making a special snack for the kids. I'd mix really whatever I was running low on (Dry things only)in a big bowl and serve it as a snack. Now, its about all I make anymore. I specifically look for little treats that can be added to the "Funky Snack" as we now call it .
Recently Zech had a friend over to play and when I served Snack the boy said "What kind of snack is this?" Zech sat up proud and said "My mom made it!" I was very pleased. He explained "Its our funky snack". The boy actually loved it. They compared what they had in their mixture and what they were currently eating.








Ingredients for this particular "FUNKY SNACK"
  • -Kix
  • -Life Cereal
  • -Quaker Oatmeal Bites
  • -Baby goldfish
  • -Goldfish pretzels
  • -Sixlets
  • -Raisins

And although you can't see it in Zech's bowl (because he eats it first) we can't have the funky snack without popcorn! And they LOVE when I put marshmallows in it (thats the special treat... more than the chocolate sixlets).

I think its kinda fun... They think its delicious, and I don't think they know how healthy it is! I am very pleased at how proud my kids are of it, and how happy it makes them!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

First, LOVE your camera. : - ) It must be an SLR? or maybe just a good point and shoot?

Second, what a great idea! I personally LOVE mixing cereals for b-fast in milk, but I never thought of doing that for a snack. Now I wanna go out and buy a bunch of dry stuff to throw together! hee hee Probably not as frugal as just throwing leftovers together.

theciskekidsrblessings said...

Lizzy-- Yes, I have a really nice camera my inlaws bought me so I could pursue my photography passion... isn't that awesome! Truly a blessing!
I am shooting my sister-in-laws wedding in 2 weeks... So I've been practicing special shots.
I have a Canon Rebel XTi... SLR!

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!