Sunday, July 20, 2008

I am married to a 30 year old Man!

My husband has turned 30. Its not really that big of deal to us. It doesn't seem possible that he is already 30, but it hasn't changed much.
I am in awe of my husband. I have been since our meeting, but even now thinking about him being "an older man" (which really, is 30 even "old"?) I can reflect back to when he was in his early twenties. We were getting married with so many dreams, and those dreams still exsist very much.
But he's grown so much as a man, just being a father. He's always been such a great husband to me, but to see him as a daddy to his kids, well lets just say I am amazed!
His immediate patience, soft spoken word, and fatherly embrace is everything I've ever dreamed about in a dad!
This man is amazing to me. He can get so upset, but listens to reason. I hear this isn't always a trait men have. He is "blessed" with a wife that is pretty outspoken, so when things don't seem right, the complaint is too often voiced. And he actually listens and thinks about it. And if it is something that should be changed, he changes... no glances back. If its something that I'm out of line in, he lets me know... thats good in my eyes!
This man is so amazing to me. He gives up sleep, money, food, comfort for the family. There are many times he has to stay up because I just can't keep my eyes open. He goes without so I can have some spending money (even when I don't realize he's gone without), he always gives me what I like even if its what he'd rather eat, and he ALWAYS lets me lay on the couch even if its not always comfortable for him... hehe!
But seriously, I don't just love this man because of all the things he does for ME! I love him for who he is.

I remember when I first met him, there was somethign about his hands. I wanted to hold them right away. I don't know what it was, but he had (and still has) really great hands. There is no doubt they were made for making music!







He is a godly man, A man that seeks his God for all his needs, A man who worships his Master with a beautiful voice and a wonderful character, and a man whose desire is to bring others closer to his Savior because he values the closeness he himself has. He is a man who plays music for an audience of one. He never looks out into the crowd because its only Jesus' face he sees!

I love this man! He is one collage of "wonderfulness"!!!
I wanted to be sure to document this 30th birthday with a page in our yearly scrapbook, so I took some pictures... He sure is handsome too!

2 comments:

JCsings4Him said...

I agree...you are incredibly blessed.


And so is he.

Elizabeth said...

What beautiful words and pictures! And what an incredible wife you are to appreciate and love your husband so much.

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!