Monday, June 29, 2009


Its official! I am FINALLY out of the 1st trimester! I've been in this dreaded 1st trimester since January. With only a technical week between the two pregnancies, I've had low energy now for 6 months! I wasn't as sick the first 10 weeks, but with the 2nd pregnancy I've been sick now for a little over 8 weeks! I am ready for it to be past. I am looking forward to feeling those little flutters and kicks! I really look forward to Zech and Lily getting to feel it. Zech is really excited and has been dreaming about this ever growing baby inside me.
My tummy is getting big fast! I am hoping it tapers off for a bit. I have outgrown most of my pants. I have one maternity pair of jeans, and I bought two pair of gaucho pants to accommodate the bigger belly. I hope that will hold me until I get to the fall and can wear jeans and pants. Then I can justify spending money on the pants.
I am beginning to feel better and have more energy, but I am stuck in the middle of no nap needed and "oh now I over did it" stage. Then I crash about 8pm!
The baby is the size of a lemon now, my uterus is supposedly the size of a softball. I am thinking more like a soccer ball! hehe... not quite!
The baby is beginning to practice swallowing (you don't want to know what it swallows!), and its eye lids are gaining muscle strength so they can open and close later. The most exciting thing is that the brain is developing very rapidly. synapses are forming vigorously making him so smart!
I am still in awe of this little one! so happy to have him in there (or her in there) and so blessed to get to carry this one! Thank you, GOD!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Hi! I just wanted to comment on your blog. I am Alisa (or livynea) from babycenter Jan 2010 board. You responded to my topic about Kids Just Knowing about your pregnancy. I Really loved your story, and reading through your last few blog entries.
We have not told the kids yet... but i think we will soon. My husband wants them to know and be involved in the happyness, even though i am always worried 'something' might happen. I loved they way you explained to the kids about how "God has a Plan"... and i believe that too!!!
Feel free to contact me through my Blog :)... if you dont mind, i will add your blog to the few i follow. And Congrats on making it to the 2nd Trimester!!! :)
~Alisa~

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!