Sunday, June 21, 2009

It just melts my heart!

So at 11 weeks my little blessing baby has all its organs! They may not function completely on their own (thats why he needs me!) but they are all present. My rocket scientist baby is practicing opening and closing its fists this week too. Those little fingers and toes are REAL fingers and toes, no more webbed, amphibian type fingers and toes!
This week is the biggest growth spurt my baby will every go through. It will over double in size and will begin to add more and more functions daily! I feel a nap coming on! This is an important week! The baby has made it past the crucial times and will now focus on perfecting each bodily function!
I look at this picture, and melt. I feel so SO pregnant all the time! And I talk to him (or her, I guess) all the time. I rub my belly and remind him that he's such a wonderful gift from God, That I love him tremendously, and that he has this mighty plan already for his life! That God has a purpose and desire to see him grow and develop! And I weep thinking of how people can decide even at this stage to abort their babies! I think about how many "scientists" if they found some organism in a lake that had every organ we adults have, could move independently, and had measurable brain waves, would they not do everything they could to protect this newly found "LIFE"? Yet we have these babies with souls and heartbeats, livers, pancreases, neurons... the list goes on... and so many that discard them for "convenience" sake. It breaks my heart!
This will probably be our last pregnancy, and although I am sick about 60% of the time, and tired the rest of the time, I cherish the opportunity to carry this baby! I am thankful to my God for the gift of this awesome life within me! One more week and I will FINALLY be out of the 1st trimester!

We already have names! If I didn't mention them last time, here they are... (if I did, oh well, you can see them again!)
Nathanael Paul (Call him Nate) Nathanael means Gift from God... and there is no doubt that this baby is a true gift to us! Paul is Daddy's middle name! If my sons can be half of what their daddy is, they will be completely awesome boys! (Zech has Dave's first name!)
OR...
Ruby Anna. Ruby is a gorgeous red jewel. Very precious, very gorgeous... just as I assume this little girl would be. Anna means Grace; favor... and its been obvious to me throughout this pregnancy that God has shown favor upon me! His grace is sufficient!

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!