Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Classroom

I will post pictures soon, but my classroom is almost done. I have a chalkboard, a calendar, a weather chart, a "Today is, Tomorrow is, Yesterday is" section, An alphabet around the top of the room, a caterpillar that bears the #s... a desk, a table, sorting toys, puzzles, lacing cards! Its almost done. I just spent 20 minutes just standing in the room, hoping and dreaming. I went to college to be a teacher. I should know how to do this. I've taught first graders, and 6th graders... I 've taught 2 year olds, 4 year olds, I should be able to teach ONE three year old! So, I pray that his school experience is a good one. I pray that he is eager to "go to school". I pray for patience in teaching and for wisdom in how to teach. I pray that his mind will be open, eager, and willing! I pray his brain swells with knowledge... I pray my fear will go away!
I am hoping to get carpet this weekend, and then I will be done... I will then just make sure all the activities are lined up! Again, I pray my fear will go away!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Well, after reading about your first day w/Zach it sounds like you are doing an incredible job! You are a great teacher. Too bad you don't live near me or I'd just ship Corban off to you a few times a week. hahahaha Just kidding. I love the weather/day of the week calender. I remember that from grade school and I LOVED it! I'll have to look around for one and hang it... in our living room LOL! Hmmm... maybe in the kitchen.

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!