Thursday, June 19, 2008

My baby girl---
She is sick. It really bothers me when my babies are sick. Its like this lump sits in my throat and I could cry at any moment. Lils is just as limp as a noddle. She has given me quite a scare this time. She always runs high fevers, so I should be used to this. However, she is just SO lethargic and pitiful. I took her to the doctor's today, and I am not sure if I was uneasy because we didn't see her original doctor (and seriously, she has an amazing doctor who always puts me at ease!) or if I was being prompted to pray harder. I just didn't have a good feeling even as I took her. As the doctor was leaving Lily jerked as if she was startled, but she didn't stop shaking. I looked at the doctor and cried out "WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER?" I was convinced she was having a seizure. The doc said she didn't notice anything, but then put her hand on her and could feel her shaking inside. She quickly called out for the nurse to bring a thermometer and some Tylenol into the room. Then she checked her pupils and her heart and informed me she had not had a seizure. She said her eyes did not roll back in her head and that her pupils did not dilate. the doctor's urgency scared me just as much. I actually started crying in the office. It scared me so bad!
I really hate when my kids are sick. Its a huge step of faith for me. It hard to put them to bed. I want to hold them and watch their every move. I notice how much I have to put my faith to practice. I believe God cares more than I do, and he knows the final outcome. He knows how and when she will get better. I find solace in that. But its scary all the same... So, Lord, can you heal her quickly!?

2 comments:

JCsings4Him said...

He did...and YOU are a really good Mommy!

Elizabeth said...

Oh Stevie! Email me when you need some prayers as I don't regularily check blogs. I would have especially felt burdened as Emme had a couple seizures in April and we had a winter w/a lot of illness: your post brought back so many of the feelings I felt during that time. I assume from the other person's post that she is doing great now? I'll read more as you might have updated in another post. big hugs

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!