Monday, April 07, 2008

Just some funny things

My kids are just so funny, and sometimes I don't make the time to jot them down. So here are a few comical moments...

Giving Zech a haircut and I say "WOW, you look like Buzz Lightyear!"
He looks at me in disgust... "I am NOT buzz lightyear!"
"Oh, of course, you look just like Batman!"
He looks straight at me in the mirror and says "Mommy, I am ZECH! Not Batman or Buzz! I am ZECH!"

During that same haircut something went wrong and Iaccidently cut his ear witht he scissors.
"Put those Sicssors away! You cut my ear! Put them down, NOW!"
I felt so bad I had to comply!

We take the kids to the park. Dave is swinging Zech without looking at his terrified face. Finally Zech politely tells his daddy, "I'm done swinging now." And gets down walking away saying "That was REALLY scary!" Poor guy!

Lily (who is struggling through her learning to speak) runs into the Living room from the kitchen and says "ABAAA! ABAAA" and points frantically in the kitchen! I can tell she is trying to speak, but I can not for the life of me figure out her new words. Finally she throws her hands in the air and does her fake spider scream "AHHHHHH!" when it struck me, she's saying "A BUG!" so she leads me to the box elder bug she has found in the kitchen. With much tomboy delight we capture it and put it in our bug container... don't worry we let it go OUTSIDE! Bugs do not belong inside. At which time both kids wave good-bye and lily says "wuv vue"* to her beloved bug!

*LOVE YOU (duh!)

2 comments:

JCsings4Him said...

HAHAHA!! I love their little quips!!!! I just want to share two from Sunday:

At church, even though we were all going to Oma and Opa's fro lunch, as we got outside. Zech says to me..."Com'on Oma, let's have lunch! Com'on my house for lunch!"

And then while he and I were in the living room alone together playing with the dominoes...he starts "talking" and looks over at the empty chair and says plainly: "com'on Rachel. Com'on and play with me!" Seriously, there wasn;t anyome in the chair...Rachel was in the family room!

Totally cracks me up!!!!

Oh yeah...and remember a couple of Wednesday's ago when you came home from Bible study and Lily looks up to the ceiling fan (which is OFF) and bringing her hands up to her smiling face, squeals with delight and then waves in her cute little way to NOTHING AT ALL??? And THEN she wants US to look up and see, too?

Awesome!

theciskekidsrblessings said...

so funny! I love them!!!

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!