Thursday, March 20, 2008

What if...

I've had this blog in my mind for quite a long time, so I finally get the chance, I think I'll record it!

As wife, mother, children's director, friend, daughter, sister, and WOMAN, I think its only natural that we think "What if..." Its a daily thing for me.
What if Zech's 12 and is still asking for his pacifier? What if Lily never speaks? What if my husband thinks I am a slob who has given up on the house? What if parents think I am not teaching their kids enough on Sunday mornings? what if I don't confront a friend? What if I do? What if my mother never calls me again? What if I had a better relationship with my sister? What if I totally screwed up as a woman today?
The what if list can go on forever. I ask them all the time.
They can come in the shallow forms. What if I had just two extra arms. Could I get more done? Could I give more hugs, could I carry groceries and backpacks, and diaper bags, and kids? What if I had stretching arms. Could I spank without having to even get off the couch? What if I could do one step and it equal 4? I could definately use that!
They come in normal thoughts. What if I save and don't overspend this month, will we have enough money for extra photo equipment? What if we just eat turkey burgers everyday this week, that saves in grocery bills. What if I put these shoes with that skirt, will my ankles look skinnier?
Then there are those deep what ifs that seem to really bombard my mind.What if homeschooling wears me out, or what if it energizes me. What if I didn't give enough hugs during the day. I ponder if the kids will get saved young and seriously pursue God for the rest of eternity... What if? What if they become the new generation of complete sold out believers? and then again... what if they don't? What if I can really teach them what it means to seek God and all the great and wonderful things that come out of it, and they reinforce it with their siblings... and then the dreaded... What if they don't? What if the things of the world appeal to them regardless of how I raise them? What if Mommy's words don't stick in their heads when the time comes and they have to make their own decisions? What if... What if...
What if I pray? What if I give these worries to God? What if He actually listens and is already taking care of the answers RIGHT NOW! What if He is true, and His word is Hope, and His everlasting love and investment in our lives is REAL?
What if I accept that when I raise my children in the way they should go, when they are old they will not depart from it.
Well, I have to come to the conclusion that if I did all those things, there'd be way less things to wonder "what if..." about.
What if I actually believe and act? HMMM lets see?
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!