Monday, April 21, 2008

Dog Days of... spring?
I won't dare say anything negative about the wonderful spring weather. I think we've only come in long enough to sleep!

I just feel like I have so much more energy when we can get out and run. I turn into a mom who used to clean all day to a mom who runs all day (and has less time to clean... oops)! I love watching the kids have fun! It makes my day seem shorter which isn't always a good thing, and causes me to sleep better at night. I go to bed knowing they had a blast all day long. The last 36 hours I think the kids thought play time never ended! And secretly I pray they close their eyes before a LONG night of rest thinking... "Man, I have great parents!!!"

Last night we tried a new park. They fell in love with the tire swing!
Lily fell off once... but held on for dear life and Momma got to her fast! We then went and bought a Bird Feeder. We can hear them chirping (I LOVE IT). and Zech thought it'd be nice to eat breakfast with the birds. I was proud at such a fun idea from my 3 year old. While at Walmart, He had another very fun idea! A KITE!
So of course I had to add a buck to the bill and get him one. He woke up ready to fly it this morning. Unfortunately, there was just no wind. I don't think he even understood that you needed wind to fly a kite. He's inventive... he can make his own wind.
I was definately a great mom today... I let them go ahead and get in sand box... and they never got out (I really HATE sand!)
But I really love them!
We came home to wash up, eat lunch, then jump in the tub really quick. I thought this would help them wind down for nap. It helped me! hehe!
Then, I was rewarded for such a crazy day! I got an early Mother's Day present! it came in this box...
Oh yeah, did I mention that Lily is addicted to dresses? She really wants to wear one every minute of every day! Where she got her prissy ways, I am not sure! But if its not hurting anyone, I am not going to fight her. Its a bit big... but Oh, SO CUTE!But does it matter what she wears? She's just too cute anyway! Oh yeah, I bet you want to know my early Mother's Day gift? It comes with Chairs... with Pillows? It's comfy, but I wouldn't use it quite in the same way.
Its not just the furniture, its the prospect of being outside ALL THE TIME! That is the real gift! Outdoor activities.
Reading, chatting, lounging, Family dinners...
Which was the first thought in Zech's mind. Even though it was already after dinner and about 20 min until bedtime, he insisted on having peanut butter and jelly! They thought it was very fun! I am sure the neighbors wanted to run out to let us know there was no need for an unbrella, the sun had gone down... I am thinking the kids didn't care. The unbrella is their favorite part!
Bring on the "Dog days of Spring!" we are ready! I can't wait to be out again tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

JCsings4Him said...

OH MY!!! I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad you got such a beautiful Mother's Day gift! I can see you out there having breakfast with the kids...doing your Bible Study while they are napping...soaking up the beautiful sun!

You got a bird feeder??? Careful now...you could be channeling Papa! :~)

The pictures are beautiful...I cannot WAIT for all of my kids to be together this week...YAY!

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!