Wednesday, January 02, 2008

We have something wonderful, he and I... a rare and beautiful love that is really unique. I know we're not the first ones to feel this way, but something special sets us apart. We relate to each other so completely... as friends, lovers, confidants... and we share such beautiful memories... like those first carefully chosen words and the first time we shared our deepest hopes and dreams. The time we spend together is the most important part of my day-- Moments when our love enriches all that we share, moments that I'm so grateful for all that he alone brings to my world. I know that ours is a rare and beautiful love, the kind that only happens once in a lifetime, and the most important person in my life is him.
(its a given that Christ is the most important person in my life... Dave is also highly revered)
This was a card I got Dave for our anniversary. It is 100% true! He is a once in a lifetime love. One that I can not imagine living one day without! We went to see P.S. I Love You last night. The husband dies and before he passes away (while he was still sick) he orchastrated these series of gifts, letters, and trips to be given to his wife up to a year after he died. I could not handle the thought of losing my husband. Even if he was the hopeless romantic that would do all those things even when he was dieing (which, he's not!). I thought I would have to leave the theater I was about to break out in a sob.
Then at the pediatricians office today I hear that the doctor who Lily is being referred to for her ears is scaling back on her patients because her husband has just died. I felt sick to my stomach. the thought makes me sob!
I've always thought we had what most couples don't. Our connection and inner understanding of one another makes us a power couple. I am so proud of us and our relationship especially when I talk to other women and they state how envious they are of what we have. First of all its because of God. He strategically placed us together using our strengths to attract us to each other and using our personal weaknesses to make us realize we needed each other.
2nd of all its because our our prayer for one another. Keeping our relationship in prayer and under God's authority keeps us strong.
3rd of all its Dave and his committment. He works so hard to fix the wrongs and keep right all the thrills. He commits to a good marriage and he sticks to it. I could never find another perfect mate.
I blog this in my motherhood blog because having a good marriage makes us good parents. Loving my husband like I do, and knowing he loves me like he does makes Lily a great wife and Zech a great husband. They learn love, a godly love, by our wonderful marriage!
I love it!

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!