Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bible Study overload?
I love Bible Study, I always have, and I hope I always will. I do, however, seem to overdo it at times... For instance, I am starting (in the first week of) A very intense Beth Moore study, I am starting another Study with some girlfriends of mine (Train up a Mom) and I am doing a marriage builder one with my husband/small group (Men are like Waffles, Women are like Spaghetti). And as I finished up a study this last weekend the story of Abraham and Isaac came up, then the entire story of the covenant made with Abraham... then in Beth Moore it is brought up. Dave is doing a study on Genesis with his Sunday School class so we were discussing the Abraham "story". It has been on my mind all week. I've been reading the same scriptures over and over... and I am thinking I may need to read it again. Maybe God is speaking to me! This doens't always happen that all the studies line up to teach one unified lesson... but all of a sudden it is happening that way. And if that isn't enough I was sent an email from the makers of Veggie Tales and they are coming out with a new Veggie Tales DVD about the story of Abraham and the patience they had in waiting for their baby... And I turn to Dave and ask, "What is God telling me? What do I need to grasp on to from this story (FACTUAL story)?" Dave says "God will give you a baby in your old age!" hehe! I am still pondering it for now... I may read through one more time and spend some extra time in prayer. There is one central theme going on in my life right now, and I'm already feeling an urgency about it all, so I want to be sure I am receiving what I should receive. So many women are facing some of the same battles around me, and I feel I need to reach out, but I am at a loss for words. I have some anxiety concerning some things right now, and even though I am trying to contain that anxiety and give it to God, it returns without notice at times. This uneasy urgency... so I don't want to overlook a recurring message in my life.
So... if you are a pray-er... can ya say a prayer! pray-ers in prayers! I know He is speaking to me, I know there is something I should do... I want to do it right! I want to be that vessal, or that student, or that sponge... whatever it may be!

4 comments:

JCsings4Him said...

I'll be praying for you, Stevie. It is weird, sometimes, how God orchestrates our Bible Studies to coincide with one another. It doesn't ALWAYS happen that way...but when it does, I believe there is a message there He wants us to hear. I am praying that during your quiet times with Him, you will hear His voice...see His vision...clearly.

And as He reveals it to you...I hope you will feel compelled to share it! :~)

Karen said...

Cool, I didn't know you had a blog. Now I have another one to read! Thanks for your comment! I loved the last Mops and thought it was so much fun. I love how you speak out with love the truth too. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stevie! I didn't know you had a blog! I found you thru Karen's! :)

Karen said...

I just tagged you! :-) Are you going to be at mops next week or are you out of town?

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!