Thursday, August 05, 2010

The Joys of Teaching Kindergarten
I have one month left before kindergarten starts. I'm nervous when I think that his education is in my hands. Everything he has to learn he needs to learn from the experiences I can give him. However, I'm excited that his education is in my hands. I'm excited that everything he has to learn he gets to learn from the experiences I can give him. And I am taking my anxieties to God. I've been reading an old textbook about the kindergarten experience, and although I may not have the same techniques, or teaching styles as some of the other homeschooling moms out there, I am picturing a great learning experience for the kids. I love how I can take my worries to God and I can see Him working in me to calm my nerves. As I read the book I have my highlighter and postits marking things I want to implement in the "learning experience"... but as I read, I am also getting tons of ideas and envisioning all kids of ways to teach this or that. So I jot them down inside the book. I never studied like this in school! I am enjoying it, looking forward to it, and praying over it! I've got a big job ahead of me, and although I see so many doing this homeschool journey, its new to me. I'm learning as well! I can't wait!

1 comment:

JCsings4Him said...

Stevie, you are going to be an awesome teacher...because you already ARE an awesome teacher! He will love Kindergarten and you will love teaching and watching him grow...again.

Rest in knowing we are praying for you and that you are so completely loved and appreciated!

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!