Monday, May 05, 2008

The ups and Downs of Motherhood
I woke up this morning (well, actually knew before I went to bed last night) that today could be a trying day. I don't feel good. Ihad to sleep sitting up last night, and I knew I'd be stuck in the house all day. I don't know why I let myself feel closed in just because I know I am not going anywhere all day, but it happens. Dave will be home late, and I started the day off tired and sick.
The kids were fine. I cleaned the house and took them outside. I did my devotions out there, interrupted with the occasional hoarsed voiced yell "LILY GET BACK ON THE GRASS!" or "ZECH WATCH THAT STICK!" Then for some reason the Ciske kids' listening ears were turned off. Lily wouldn't come back up, Zech was having a fit over his bike. Lily wanted cookies, Zech didn't think she should have them. I had to actually give time outs outside! ON MY MOTHER'S DAY GIFT!!!
So Zech got sent inside while lily finished up her snack. When we came in Zech was just abnormally aggrivated. i tried to keep my cool and let him know that bed time was coming soon. As I fixed lunch hoping they'd worn themselves out outside and would go down for nap an hour early, Zech says "Okay! I will be strong in the Lord and the Power of His might! I will be good for the rest of the day!" Then he recited it again. "Be strong in the Lord and the power of his might! Ephesians 6:10"
Our memory verse from a few weeks ago! It change the outlook of the whole day! and sure gave me a mommy boost! Not only did he memorize it, he applied it! Now for me and my sick self! I, too, will be strong in the lord and the power of his might!

1 comment:

JCsings4Him said...

As always...I am in awe of this incredible kid. Ya gotta love him!!!!

It was a beautiful day yesterday...I am glad you had a chance to get outside.

Hope you feel better today!! :~)

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!