Sunday, November 18, 2007

Wait a minute God!

Every night Dave and I pray over the kids. We've tried to make it a habit to pray over them as they are awake and let them pray as well (well, Zech, at least) So many times Zech repeats what we say with his little eyes tightly closed . So tonight I knelt by his bed and prayed. In my prayer I had asked for God's peace and involvement in our upcoming "Removal-of-all-pacifiers" event. I said with Zech repeating most of the prayer aloud, "Lord, please be with us as we get rid of all the pacifiers next week--" Zech shouts "Oh! Wait! No no no God! Wait" not wanting to repeat that prayer. I couldn't help but laugh at his candidness. "Oh, no, God don't listen to this madwoman! She doesn't know what she's talking about! No pacifiers! Wait wait wait! That is NOT praying your will-- I'm sure of it!" hehe
Totally priceless!

No comments:

Colossians 3:17

If your ganna do something, DO IT RIGHT! Glorify HIM!